Beck Arnley Wheel Bearing Review
Imagine where you would get if suddenly your wheels locked up while on the road running high-speed. That would be a heart-pumping experience—in a bad way. Of course, you can prevent being in that imagined scenario by always having quality wheel bearings. Your car’s wheel bearing is the component that allows your wheel and tire to rotate freely when you drive. Without it, your suspension system would be incomplete, and you would have a less dependable support for your car. Because the said component is close to the road, contaminants may get into its inner parts and cause friction and premature failure of the bearing. Good thing that there are several brands that provide quality replacements, and one of which is Beck Arnley. But before opting for its product, let us first see if you can entrust your safety to the unit.
- For the front
- Made of quality metal
- Original equipment replacement
- Sold individually
- Comes with a year or 12,000-mile Beck Arnley limited warranty
We tested this component on a Toyota HiAce and a Chevrolet Camaro, and here is what we have to say:
- We checked the ball bearings around the metal housing by rotating the race in both directions. The race moved fluidly clockwise and counterclockwise. This meant that no particles of dust and dirt had entered in between the ball bearing spaces.
- The seal of the component sat securely to protect the bearing cavity. This would ensure that water and oil would not leak inside to damage the unit.
- Installing the component was indeed hassle-free. We just needed to take out the wheel hub of each front tire of the HiAce and the Camaro, then we had to replace the old unit with the new one. The units perfectly fit the diameter of the steering knuckle.
- We drove the two vehicles around town in order to check if the wheel noise we were previously experiencing would be gone. We got no noise throughout the drive, and the steering remained to be satisfactory.
- When we took the bearings out of the package, we were quite disappointed to see the little scratches on the surface of the units. Also, they had an uneven hue that looked as if some finishing had discolored. This was probably due to storage. The manufacturer should have inspected the product first before sending it out.
Being one of the cheapest wheel bearing units out there, this product is surely a good buy for the budget-conscious. But if you are looking for a better quality, it is not really bad to go for another brand. Besides, each unit is basically around 50 dollars only. Although this unit performed all right during our test, we are quite concerned about the low likeability it has from consumers.