How to Buy the Best Pillar Trim
The pillar post trim is a decorative piece you can mount on the vertical door and window pillars of your automobile. Many motorists don't even know what a pillar of a car is, much less the pillar trim. Regardless, they're probably among the most visible and prominent of automotive design features just short of the bumper or the windshield. You'll most likely start paying attention to your pillar even without knowing its name when it starts getting scratched and scuffed up, detracting from your ride's beauty. With that said, here are some considerations when shopping for pillar trim.
Considerations When Shopping for Pillar Trim
- Get the Rust-Free Stainless Steel Pillar Trim: As far as the automotive aftermarket is concerned, corrosion-resistant stainless steel is the most popular pillar post trim option available. This is because they're easy to match with your stock trim and paint job (unless you've customized your car to have a different look compared to its original factory features). It's easier to duplicate OEM trim and match the original window trims with this material since many manufacturers use stainless steel pillars themselves.
- Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim Is Also an Option: While stainless steel is easy to maintain and rust-free, carbon fiber is in many ways superior in terms of durability, corrosion-resistant, and longevity. It's a lot more "low profile" in appearance compared to a stainless steel trim for sure, but its unique look offers its own charm. With that said, the toughness of carbon fiber comes with an accompanying expensiveness. It's a special material that's quite rare to find in the market.
- Purchase Some ABS Plastic Trim with Chrome Pillar Finish: This trim is the cost-effective or affordable option that many motorists would prefer because it provides a quick and cheap fix for a scuffed-up pillar. It's a restorative trim with a serviceable lifespan on your car that you can purchase if you can't afford the carbon fiber or even stainless steel trim options. The beauty of this pillar trim type is that as technology progresses, so too does the quality of this post.
- Find a Restorative Trim that Gives New Life to Your Ride: Trims with a host of different finishes are primarily bought for the sake of restoring an old 20-30-year old car back to its former glory without necessarily going the extremely expensive auto detailing route towards restoration. Such trim pieces serve as a dependable means to update your old ride or give your new vehicle an extra custom touch. Get DIY trims that are easy enough for regular motorists to install.
- Buy Trims for Upgrades and Vehicular Customization As Well: If money is no object for you because you want to end up with a modified machine that's in many ways better than its original vanilla version, then topnotch trims are probably among a host of additions you'd want to add to your vehicle. Get only the best stainless steel or carbon fiber trims you could get your hands on to give your custom ride a truly unique look.
The Bottom Line
Your vehicle's pillar trim might be the last thing on your mind when it comes to vehicular upkeep and maintenance, probably. However, once you do start paying attention to it, you'll quickly find out the depth of replacement or aftermarket options available for this product. You can get self-adhesive pieces of material to quickly cover the stock pillar post of your ride or install trim replacement that matches the rest of your car.