Replacement Bumper Review
It’s a sad fact that the federal safety standards for bumpers have gone down, however, this doesn’t mean that the consumers should be just as lax. We need to make sure that our vehicles can help prevent accidents and protect us when these misfortunes do occur. So, when we recently acquired a secondhand Dodge pickup, we immediately checked if all its safety equipment was still in good working condition. Everything was fine except for the front bumper, so we had to look for a new one. During our search, the Replacement brand popped up often so we thought we’d give their bumpers a shot. Here’s what we have to say about the experience:
Replacement bumper features:
- made from stamped die cut steel with a primered finish
- original equipment replacement for the front bumper
- sold individually without brackets
- comes with a one-year unlimited-mileage warranty
- The price was very affordable and it’s a major reason why we bought it. We asked around, and the local dealership quoted us a price that’s almost twice as much.
- The company that sold the bumpers to us sent us emails during the business transaction. They were easy to talk to and we got our new parts within two days.
- The primer finish was really easy to buff smooth and paint over. It looked great afterwards.
- Installation was easier than we thought it would be. We didn’t need any special tools like a drill or a cutter. What’s more, it really fit just like the OE did.
- It’s quite strong and durable. It hasn’t rusted on us yet, and while we’re not hoping for an accident, it might be able to protect us during a fender-bender.
We didn’t like…
- The packaging was heavy, but insufficient. The bumper sustained a few minor scratches during its journey so we had to buff them out. We think this could have been prevented if the bumper was completely wrapped in cling plastic.
- While the bumper had been painted in black primer, it didn’t look good enough to just put it on our black Ram without painting the bumper first.
- Brackets aren’t the only things that the package did not include. We needed to save all the parts from the old bumper, including the tiny screws, bolts, and the center support pieces.
The Replacement bumper was affordable, but that doesn’t mean that it was a low-quality and easily breakable part. Even though we had to buff out a few scratches, paint over the black primer, and save all the old parts from our old bumper, we still liked the final look. It fits perfectly and it looks good, and it’s holding up well. Overall, it’s a good buy if you want to just restore or maintain the OE-quality of your vehicle.