Replacement Fender Review
Located on the sides of your car, in front of its doors to be exact, the fender is known for protecting its sides during fender-benders or minor collisions. But aside from their protective features, a fender also serves as an aesthetic ornament to improve your ride's stylistics. So aside from durability and strength, your car will need a good-looking, or at least an easily customizable, replacement fender to help upgrade its exterior. We installed a Replacement steel OE style fender to test if it can provide a better-looking fender than the vehicle's stock.
- Stamp-die to meet OE specifications and fit
- Made of galvanized steel
- Coated with Electro Deposit Primer as finish
- Salt spray tested for 500 to 1,000 hours
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- The Replacement fender was a breeze to install. Notwithstanding from the necessary adjustments, this fender was as simple as a plug-and-play part as far as installation goes.
- Its OE style complemented the entire look of the vehicle.
- The fender was also painted on before installation to match the color of the rest of the car. Its primered finish allowed the paint to spread more evenly and set faster.
- Two weeks after this was installed, the Sedan was driven through bad weather conditions. Surprisingly, the fender remained rust-free a few more days later. It proved to be resistant to stains and other forms of abrasion even after failing to wash away the contaminants, which was brought by the weather, from the fender.
- Even though it was an OE replacement of the stock fender, its driver's side twin came improperly formed. We had to adjust its fitting to install it into the vehicle.
- Unlike other fenders, the Replacement fender did not come with any fender flare hole.
The Replacement fender is a durable OE replacement that gave our vehicle a more updated look. Its primered finish made it easier to match the car's paint job to the bare fender. It took us a little less than two hours to paint and dry the fender before installing it on the vehicle. The fender's OE fit made the installation job a very easy one. We recommend this for DIYers with little experience who wish to save on money by installing their car's fenders themselves. The only disappointment we had with the Replacement fender is the absence of fender flare holes. Having these holes would have made the fender more customizable.