Replacement Fog Light Review
When driving down unlit highways, one of the most important things to remember is to always maintain the best visibility on the road ahead of you. Although your vehicle's headlights are a good source of lighting, you need more than that during bad weather conditions. That is why your vehicle should always be equipped with a good set of fog lights. But what fog light will give you the best illumination on the road? To narrow down your options, we've installed a Replacement fog light on our 2004 Escalade ESV and tested it through nighttime driving.
- Made from durable OE-comparable plastic with clear lens
- OE-replacement fit and style
- Includes Halogen bulbs
- Sold as an assembly
- DOT and SAE approved
- Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- The part looks exactly like the original equipment, especially once it was installed in the vehicle. It was well-built and was obviously made from the same high-grade materials as those of the OE part.
- Since the Replacement fog light fits just like the OEM light that it replaced, installing the part was very easy. All the mounting holes/points aligned perfectly without any alterations. Aside from having the right OE specifications, the part also came with all the necessary components needed to complete the installation.
- After installing the part, we had it tested for nighttime driving. We aimed the fog lights a couple degrees southeast and used them everytime the lights were needed. During this test-drive, we observed that although the Replacement fog lights were far brighter as compared to the stock, they weren't irritating to oncoming drivers. They stayed well-focused all throughout the drive and provided illumination for our 2004 Escalade ESV.
- Being an aftermarket fog light, the part was sold at a very reasonable price.
- The housing and lens are not as tight as we expected them to be. The assembly looked like it could leak. But after having the assembly on the Escalade for three weeks, it seems to remain in good condition.
- The Replacement fog light can only be purchased in pairs. So if you need a replacement part for just one fog light, you'll have to buy the entire assembly.
- The part didn't come with any wiring harness. We had to buy the separate connector from our local dealer at a more expensive price.
The Replacement fog light's biggest selling point is its price and quality. Aftermarket lights tend to have a different color or look as compared to the original part. But, the Replacement fog light was far from being different from the factory fog lights. It's a very good looking light with very few differences from the part replaced. It is well-designed and works just as well as it looks. Overall, the Replacement fog light is a good and inexpensive replacement for your vehicle.