Replacement Hood 101: What You Need to Know Before Buying One
Thinking of finally replacing your dented hood? After several months and years of doubting and hesitating, you are now ready to purchase a new hood that is strong enough to withstand damaging factors such as weather, debris, and even collision, but under a tight budget. Getting a Replacement hood for the first time worries you, doesn't it? Why wouldn't it? You can read in most car forums that OE replacement parts are not worth it. So before you think about purchasing a Replacement hood, might as well read this fact sheet about this product:
Replacement steel hoods
- What makes it reliable: For an essential car component like the hood, you cannot afford to use cheap and low-quality replacement parts. Replacement steel hoods that are made from high-quality galvanized steel are durable and affordable at the same time. These hoods underwent a stamp-die cut process and even salt-spray tests to ensure that they would withstand corrosion and weather damage. They are also primered with a reliable finish that helps extend their lifespan.
- Where they fit: Great for everyday use. They fit all types of cars, especially SUVs and vans that need heavy front-end protection.
Replacement aluminum hoods
- What makes it reliable: Aluminum is known to be more expensive but lighter than steel hoods. They are also proven to be more durable when it comes to corrosion due to the metal's low density. Made from high-quality, lightweight aluminum that could improve your car's speed, you won't go wrong with an aluminum hood. It comes in a natural finish that could still be painted depending on your preference.
- Where they fit: Best for sports cars, race cars, and even sedans.
Replacement fiberglass hoods
- What makes it reliable: If you are wary of corrosion damaging your hood, then you might want to give fiberglass hoods a try. These are made from high-quality fiberglass that went through spray lay-up process to ensure added protection. They also have a gelcoat finish for ultraviolet protection and even hydrolysis.
- Where they fit: Perfect for fast and long driving or races due to their lightweight and weather-resistant features. They fit most race cars and muscle cars.
Replacement Hood: An Overview
Replacement brand offers a wide array of OE replacement or direct-fit parts that ranges from small o-rings to large car hoods. A Replacement hood, nevertheless, is made from high-quality materials like steel, aluminum, or fiberglass-for a very affordable price. So if you have been debating with yourself on whether to replace your stock hood or not due to budget constraints, buying a Replacement hood could be the solution to your problem. But is it really possible to have both quality and affordability at the same time? Here's how the Replacement hood rated in terms of performance, ease of installation, and price:
How well does it perform? (4/5 stars)
As a protective cover for some of the vehicle's most important components, the hood should be durable and sturdy enough to withstand weather damage and incredible forces. Replacement hoods that are made from steel and aluminum are lightweight, yet prone to corrosion, especially after several years of use. However, there are also fiberglass hoods that do not rust and are deemed to be more durable and flexible due to its plastic material. All types have protective finishes for added protection and resistance to fade. With this, the product received four out of five rating for performance.
Is it easy to install? (4/5 stars)
A Replacement hood is indeed easy to mount due to its bolt-on installation. But since the product is a bit bulky and heavy, it is advisable that you get an assistant to make the task easier. The product includes an instruction manual that you can follow during installation. A four out of five rating is given for the Replacement hood when it comes to ease of installation.
Is it worth the price? (4/5 stars)
The price range of a Replacement hood is within $150 to $600 for all material types. This is already cheap enough for a high-quality OE replacement hood. The product is backed by a one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty that not all brands have. With this, the Replacement hood got four out of five stars for being a cost-efficient, durable, and high-quality OE replacement hood.
Overall rating: 4/5