Replacement Radiator Support Review
Responsible for properly cooling your car's motor, a radiator is one of the most essential parts inside your engine compartment. However, your car's radiator is not a standalone part that can protect itself while your vehicle is in constant motion. That is why you need a stable and durable radiator support to keep this part in check. So to help you narrow down your choices when it comes to what radiator support to purchase, we've installed a Replacement radiator support on our 2002 Tahoe to see if it is worth your dollar.
- Aluminum construction with black finish
- Matches OE specifications
- Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- The part fit exactly like an OEM part. The aluminum support was a perfect match, from the dimensions down to the taped over holes of the original. We didn't have to make any adjustment in order to fit the radiator into the part.
- It had all the necessary hardware and wiring clips needed to fit the part.
- The Replacement radiator support was surprisingly cheap while still maintaining a certain level of quality.
- Installation took more time than our team had anticipated. We spent close to 6 hours to install and align the part on the Tahoe's front.
- Since the part only came with a black finish, we had no choice but to match its color to the rest of the parts under the hood before bolting it right on.
- Unlike other radiator supports, this part was made of aluminum instead of steel. Although it performs just as well as steel supports, our team would feel more at ease if the part was made of something more durable.
- The bolts, nuts, and washers that hold the radiator support together are poorly crafted. The washers were even close to bending during installation. As a precaution, we simply used our Tahoe's old washers and other hardware before installing the support.
The Replacement radiator support is an inexpensive alternative to steel supports. Although it is made of aluminum, it still built with highest standard of quality. It has an OE fit and style that rivals most radiator support brands. Overall, the Replacement radiator support is a good replacement part that can effectively and precisely handle your vehicle's radiator.