Replacement Wheel Hub Review
Getting the right replacement wheel hub for your car is a tedious task. Since a wheel hub attaches a car's wheels to the rest of its frame, it is not enough to pick a hub that simply fits. Quality, performance, and durability are still the most important factors to consider when replacing this part. To find out which kind of wheel hub would give you high-quality and long-lasting performance, we installed a Replacement wheel hub on our 1995 Tahoe LS 4WD and took it out for a test drive.Features
- Direct fit
- OE-comparable specifications
- Part sold individually
- Comes complete with ABS sensor, cable, and lug bolts
- Backed by a 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty
- The part came complete with an ABS sensor, a cable, and bolts. We appreciated the addition of these small components as it was able to cut both our cost and installation time in half.
- The Replacement wheel hub also included a rubber o-ring. Most competitors do not have this part on the replacement readily available, which was probably the reason why they tended to burn out faster.
- Physically, the part looked well-machined. It didn't have any burns on its frame and it appeared to be very clean—just like how a brand new part should be. The wheel bearings also seemed solid and durable.
- After test-driving the Tahoe, we noticed a considerable change on our truck's ride. The new wheel hub performed just like the original part and so far the Tahoe runs perfectly at normal speeds.
- Installation was a bit tricky and we concluded that it was mostly due to the location of the part. First off, it was hard to remove the original equipment. We had difficulty getting access to it because we had to take out the entire brake assembly, force the old part with an impact hammer, and grease it heavily just to get it out of the truck's frame. However, once we got the old part out, it was easier to install the new wheel hub.
- The part did not come with any torque specifications. We initially tightened the part as much as we could. But we realized that it could result to over tightening and complicate things later on. So we had to search online for the specs (which turned out to be only 103 ft #s) and loosened it to set the torque correctly.
The Replacement wheel hub's direct fit and quality construction was very impressive. But what sets this apart from its competitors is its relatively affordable price. It costs half as much as an OEM part but still performs just as good. Although installation might be harder than you'd expect, once the part is installed on your vehicle, the change in its ride is almost instantaneous.