Kool Vue Mirror Glass Review
Driving with a broken side-view mirror is like driving with one or both of your eyes closed. It is very dangerous not only for you and your passengers but also for your fellow travelers. The side-view mirrors of your road surfer allows you to see the movements of the vehicles on your left and right sides, so you can adjust your driving directions accordingly. With proper care and maintenance, your mirrors can stay in good shape for a long time. But due to unexpected events and factors like road accidents, parking incidents, and side-view mirror thieves, you will eventually be forced to replace them to avoid inflicting extra injuries on yourself or your passengers. There are a lot of replacement mirror brands to choose from and one of them is Kool Vue. Let’s find out if the Kool Vue mirror glass is a good-enough option.
Kool Vue mirror glass features
- OE replacement
- Made from Kool Vue’s high-quality glass material
- Heated type
- Equipped with turn signal
- Features a convex mirror style
- Comes with support
- Has an auto-dimming feature
- Sold individually
- Carries a two-year limited warranty from Kool Vue
We installed the Kool Vue mirror glass on our 2007 GMC Sierra’s side-view mirror frame, and here’s what we have to say:
- Installing the Kool Vue mirror glass on our GMC truck was absolutely a breeze. We only used a screwdriver to take out the broken one out and then we mounted the replacement unit back in. The set up was done in less than ten minutes.
- Its compatibility with the vehicle is unquestionable. The replacement mirror has all the features of the broken stock and all of them are working properly. There were no problems with the wiring harness and electrical connections.
- It also seems like the glass material used in this Kool Vue replacement mirror is sturdier than our stock. We accidentally bumped onto a tree once, and the glass was still in one piece.
- The built-in signal light is really helpful during the night. The auto-dimming feature significantly reduced glare from other vehicles’ headlights and at noon when the sun is at its brightest.
- Its heated feature keeps the side-view mirror warm when everything else is frozen during the cold winter. This helps us maintain our optimum visibility.
- The Kool Vue mirror glass that we purchased online was absolutely cheaper than the ones offered by other dealers. We got this product for almost half the price.
- During our initial attempt to install the mirror, it was a little loose. We thought it has something to do with its compatibility with our Sierra, but it was actually our fault. We checked the package and noticed that we forgot to install one gasket.
- The two-year warranty coverage is a bit short for us. A longer warranty period would have been great.
Our final say
We did not have any major problems with the Kool Vue mirror glass. It was a perfect fit for our GMC Sierra, and its features were really beneficial to our safety. The installation was hassle-free and all the things we needed were inside the replacement mirror’s package. The best part is that we got the same features and quality as our stock with this replacement mirror from Kool Vue, but for a lower price tag. Overall, it was an awesome deal.