Skyjacker Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly Review
What makes your ride comfortable, even while running on bumpy roads, is your car’s shock and strut assembly. It provides the necessary pressure to keep your vehicle running steady on uneven surfaces. That is exactly why it’s essential to have a high-quality shock and strut assembly installed in your car. It lasts longer and offers better dampening performance than the average one. And to give you an idea on which brand to buy, here’s our two-cents worth on the Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shock and strut assembly: Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shock absorber and strut assembly features:
- Sold individually
- Offers 10.02 in. damper travel
- Comes in a white finish
- Available as a direct fit product
- Offered in a twin-tube design
- Comes in non-adjustable damping type
- Suitable for off-road usage
- Uses loop upper and lower mount style
- Backed by a lifetime Skyjacker limited warranty
We tested the Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shock absorber and strut assembly on our own 2012 Ford F-150, and found the following good and bad points: The good
- Its white finish gives the shock absorber and strut assembly a neat and clean look.
- The installation requires only simple tools and an hour to be accomplished, saving you precious time and effort.
- Its chromed-piston rod with micro pores and leak-proof seal gives our 2012 F-150 an enhanced performance.
- You can expect a long service life, because this component doesn’t break easily, thanks to its bonded iron piston and D.O.M. (Drawn Over Mandrel) tubing.
- It’s ideal for mild to moderate off-roading, so you don’t have to worry about going trailing.
- It’s a lot cheaper than other brands such as OES Genuine, RideTech, and Bilstein.
Therefore, we say…
- It comes in a non-adjustable damping type, so you have no option to change the damping if you want to.
- It comes in a white finish only, but it’s not a big deal if you don’t intend to match the colors of your car’s components.
The Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shock and strut assembly performs its function well. You can enjoy driving through rough, bumpy roads and engage in off-roading activities without worrying about the muscle pain afterwards. Moreover, this component is easy to install, thanks to its direct-fit feature. So if you’re looking for a replacement part that’s worth your time and money, then we suggest you try the Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shock and strut assembly.