Open Your Tailgate in Style with a New Tailgate Handle Cover
Your pickup truck's tailgate handle cover doesn't wear out easily; but when it does, it has served for a long time. It may simply go unnoticed, but its purpose is almost very important like a door knob, and that's basically to get you in and out. Now you can actually do it with style. Here's a helpful set of dos and don'ts when you consider buying a new one.
- Determine what type of material you want for the tailgate handle cover. This has an effect on the cover's appearance on your car because some covers are shiny like chrome and steel. Other covers have a dull, matte finish. It's advisable to choose a cover that goes with the look of the tailgate handle, and the trims of the car.
- Look for the tailgate handle cover that is specific to your car's make, type, and year. This has everything to do with the compatibility in size, position, and shape of your tailgate cover and handle.
- Check if your tail gate handle has a key hole. The cover that you choose must also have the correct key hole pattern. You may also consider a tailgate handle cover with LED. It will be easier for you to locate the handle during night time or when it's dark.
- Buy a tailgate handle cover from a trusted name in the market. Apart from getting your money's worth, you can even avail up to a lifetime warranty for the part.
- DON'T choose a tailgate handle cover that still needs drilling; it will only risk your car and give you a hard time. You can look always look for a cover that comes with heavy duty tape for faster installation.
- DON'T buy a tailgate handle cover from an unknown source. The quality of the product is uncertain. Plus, they may not offer any warranty.
Add Style to Your Truck with a Tailgate Handle Cover
If your truck's tailgate handle has a chrome finish, and your tailgate handle cover is plastic, they obviously wouldn't match well. Now if you'll get your plastic tailgate handle cover dipped in chrome, that procedure will cost you money. Why not try this easy procedure to bring that shine to your boring plastic handle using a chrome tailgate handle cover kit. Follow the procedure below, and your handle will look better in an instant.
Difficulty level: Easy
- Denatured alcohol
- Clean towels
- New chrome tailgate handle cover kit
Step 1: Park your car on a level surface, and engage the parking brake.
Step 2: Take the clean towel and pour the denatured alcohol. Wipe the entire tailgate handle and the surrounding cover or bezel as well.
Step 3: Get the chrome tailgate handle kit and peel-off the protective side of the double-sided tape.
Step 4: Align the chrome tailgate handle kit to the tailgate handle cover and stick the handle kit carefully. Do not let any air bubble inflate by pressing the handle kit firmly in place.
Step 5:Cover the rest of the tailgate handle and tailgate handle cover as necessary. Let it dry for about an hour and do not let it get wet.
Isn't that fast? The entire process would only take you 15 minutes and that's it. What's more, here are a few reminders on how you can keep your new chrome tailgate handle clean.
- Use adequate amount of soap and water when cleaning. Do not use excess soap and water, or else it will produce scum instead of shine.
- You may also use baking soda mixed with a little amount of water to create a paste. Always rinse the baking soda completely before drying or polishing.