When driving on public roads, it's common road courtesy to warn other motorists if you intend to change your vehicle's direction. That's what the turn signal lights are for. By simply flicking a switch near the steering wheel, you can activate either the left or right-hand signal light, according to direction of the turn you're planning to take. These lights, though, don't guarantee that other motorists get your signals. Sometimes, a damaged turn signal lens can get in the way of your driving. Cracked lenses can cause the signal lights' beam to scatter, affecting the way other motorists see the lights' beam. Aside from that, damaged turn signal lenses also give less protection to the signal lights' bulbs. To avoid all the problems that could result from using smashed turn signal lenses, replace these when necessary. Quality lenses are available right here at Carparts.
• Each turn signal lens from us offers a direct fit.
• Our turn signal lenses are designed to meet or exceed OE specifications.
• Our turn signal lenses are available for all makes and models.
Turn Signal Lens: What to Consider When Buying One
In terms of safety, your car's turn signals are very important. Without them, you won't be able to tell other drivers of your intention to turn left, right, or change lanes. Thus, you may get into an accident. However, due to daily use and unexpected collisions, your car's turn signal bulbs eventually break. So you won't end up with busted signal bulbs, you need to protect them with high-quality turn signal lenses. To help you choose the best, here's a list of the things that you should consider when buying these lenses.
Turn signal lens color
If you'll browse a car parts catalog, you'll notice that replacement turn signal lenses come in different colors or finishes such as amber, clear, and smoked. However, you can't just choose the lens color that you want willy-nilly. This is because most states have laws regarding vehicle turn signal colors. So you won't wind up with a ticket, here's a list of the legal lens colors that you can install on your car.
- Clear: This type of lens color is basically legal in most states. However, if you want this lens for your front turn signal, you need to have an amber bulb. On the other hand, if you want this for your rear turn signal, then you must get an amber or red bulb. Also, take note that other colors such as blue are illegal.
- Amber: If you do not want to spend extra money on bulbs, then you should get an amber-colored lens. This lens can be installed on both front and rear turn signals and is legal in all states. Moreover, in 2008, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) conducted a study regarding amber turn signals. They found out that vehicles equipped with amber rear signals are 28 percent less likely to encounter accidents than cars with red rear signals. Thus, if you want a cheap yet safe way to replace signal lenses, then purchasing an amber lens is the perfect choice.
The best brand
Because turn signal lenses easily get scratched or broken in times of collisions, they need to be made from high-quality materials. However, in order to cut cost, many car parts manufacturers make lenses out of low-quality materials. This is the reason why before purchasing a replacement part, you need to know which manufacturers are trustworthy first. You can do this by reading various brand reviews written by car experts and owners online. These reviews rate brands based on quality, cost, and availability. After reading reviews, take note of this: brands should not be known just because they sell cheap products, they should also be known for their durable and reliable products.