Block those splattering bugs and keep those flying stones from damaging your vehicle with WeatherTech's Easy-On Stone and Bug Deflector. When you're careening down the highway at upwards of 60 mph, the slightest piece of kicked-up debris can significantly scratch or scar the hood of your car. The Stone & Bug Deflector is a simple solution to avoid this.
Outfit your car with this unobtrusive deflector for maximum results. Manufactured with a minimalist and elegant profile, the Easy-On provides a simple aerodynamic design that effectively repels rocks and bugs out of the path of your car. Constructed from an innovative aerospace-grade acrylic, the Easy-On stands up to the harshest of conditions and is extremely scratch resistant. Plus, the appealing dark gray color is guaranteed to never fade, so you get a long-lasting, appealing accent for your vehicle.
The Easy-On lives up to its name with incredibly easy installation. In as little as ten minutes, the deflector can be attached to most SUVs, trucks, minivans and cars using a simple 3M®-brand automotive adhesive tape or fasteners that can exploit existing holes in the car's exterior. This means no drilling or other heavy-duty installation.
The deflector includes a full-coverage design that works to adequately deflect all kinds of flying debris. Tested in wind tunnels and engineered through Computer-Aided Design, the deflector has been systematically proven to be effective. Keep your car looking good-as-new by eliminating those ugly bug splatters and damaging paint scratches with this simple, effective, low-profile product.
Weathertech Bug Shield Review
If you enjoy traveling by the forest and want to go past with a spotless windshield, then you ought to use what is called a bug deflector. Also called a bug shield, this component acts as a deflector that sends insects over your car’s roof so that they do not get smashed against your windshield. This is a great add-on specially made for sport utility vehicles with some off-road capability. Because the windshield of these cars is oriented more vertically, they are prone to catching flying bugs when traveling through woodlands. The addition of a bug shield prevents the driver from having to clean the windshield afterwards. So when you reside near a forest and own an SUV, installing a quality bug shield like those from Weathertech is ideal. But before installing one, let us first see if this brand’s Easy-on Stone and Bug Deflector is good enough.
- Made of aerospace-grade acrylic
- Non-wrap style
- With dark smoke finish
- Requires no-drill installation
- Carries a 3-year Weathertech limited warranty
We tested this component on a Renault Koleos and a Hummer h4, and here is what we have to say:
- We generally had a very straightforward installation of the component. The bolts were provided, and we barely needed the instructions because the unit had an easy-on feature.
- The component was made of a thick plastic material that would not easily give in to UV rays and the elements.
- We drove the Koleos and the h4 through a forest to see if the bug shield would really deflect bugs and stones. We varied our speed as much as we could in order to possibly get stones flying over the hood. We were satisfied because the windshield of the two vehicles looked cleaner despite the fact that not everything was deflected.
- The product added an eye-catching appearance to the front of the two vehicles.
- The package lacked two bolts, so we were unable to fully secure the unit on the front part of the cars’ hoods. There should have been six bolts to go with the six mounting holes of the bug shield.
- After the drive, we decided to detach the unit to see if it was not scratching the paint of the hood. Sadly, we saw some pit marks and scratches that looked very unsightly.
With its price somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, this Weathertech bug shield seems to be a great add-on for your forest-roaming SUV. It looks good, installs easily, and generally diminishes the chances of squashed bugs and stone-cracked marks on your windshield. Just make sure to purchase the right unit for your car in order to avoid fitting hassles.