Weathertech Floor Mats Review
Your car's carpets can be a bitch to clean. No matter how much you scrub, vacuum, or dry clean those little suckers, you won't be able to get them back to the same kind of clean they once were. So instead of regularly cleaning those tricky carpets, why not just protect them using a good quality floor mat? If you don't know which floor mat will give your vehicle's floor the best possible protection, we've installed a Weathertech all weather floor mat on our Volvo to help you determine whether this is a good pick.Features
- Made of natural heavy-duty rubber
- Designed with deeply sculpted channels and anti-skid ridges
- Black, protective, non-stick finish
- Comes with a 10-year Weathertech limited warranty
- The floor mat was well-made and seemed very durable. The deep channels were the perfect protection against snow and mud.
- It had a good quality finish and the color matched the entire interior of our Volvo.
- The mat did not have any strong rubbery order, which was usually present in this type of material, when it was laid out flat and installed on the vehicle.
- Although the mat was made of durable rubber, the 10-year Weathertech limited warranty is still a huge plus when it comes to the value of this product.
- The floor mat's material was thinner than we had expected. Since the package stated that the part was made of 16lbs of pliable rubber, we had hoped it to be a bit thicker to be able to protect the vehicle's carpet against the cold season. However, after a few weeks of installing the mat, the thinner mat seems to hold up on its own pretty well.
- This is not a direct-fit floor mat. It wouldn't fit properly on the driver's side of the Volvo. Ultimately, the design does not match the vehicle's floor configuration. We had to trim the mat to make it fit, which proved to be a tedious task since the edges were hard to work with.
- Installation was also a bit tricky. The anti-skid ridges of the mat prevented the edges from laying flat on the floor. The mat was only installed on the vehicle's floor after a lot of adjustments.
The Weathertech all weather floor mat is a good way to protect your mobile investment. It can effectively trap harmful debris and prevent them from spoiling your vehicle's interior. Aside from keeping your vehicle from being a complete mess, the Weathertech all weather floor mat is, in itself, very easy to clean, thanks to its non-stick finish. Although installing and fitting this mat can be a bit tedious, once it's on your car's floor you need not worry about the life of your vehicle floor.