Get in and out of your vehicle with ease with the Westin Molded Step Boards. Providing the ease of use and quality construction that you desire, these boards hug your vehicle with precision for a low-profile, yet effective solution. With such great construction, you can be sure-footed about your entry and exit from your vehicle every time.
While less trusted options may degrade in quality over time, you won't have to worry about that with these excellent runners. Manufactured from a high-grade molded polymer that is UV resistant, these Molded Step Boards are guaranteed to hold their shape and color. And because they are mounted to a strong aluminum baseboard, you can be confident that they will never give out on you.
Available in a large amount of sizes and fits that include regular, extended and crew cab, you will surely find a set that will fit your truck or SUV. Some models also include an illuminating surface that lights up when you open the door for extra style and safety. With a classic style that goes well with any vehicle, you'll be stepping out in style.
Adding just the right amount of form and function to your vehicle, Westin's Molded Step Boards are a welcome accessory for any truck or SUV. Make your life just a little bit easier with this functional solution. Westin has proven to be a reliable company with reliable products. With quality you can trust, these step boards are an easy purchase to make.
Westin Series: Sure Grip Aluminum
Exit and enter your truck or SUV with a sure foot with the help of the Westin Sure Grip Aluminum Step Boards. With maximum grip, style, and design, these step boards provide a simple, unobtrusive solution to accenting your vehicle. With convenience and performance, the Sure Grip step boards have it all.
The Sure Grip was specially designed to prevent slipping, even when wet. The step pad is made from a super-sticky rubber for ultimate grip and boasts a width of 4.5" so you won't have to tiptoe to get into your ride. The step board itself is constructed from extruded aluminum to provide high strength and durability. For added style and protection, the step boards also include molded polymer end-caps.
Available in five different lengths (54", 69", 72", 79", and 93"), the Sure Grip will surely find a perfect fit on your vehicle. With two different finishes to choose from, anodized or black powder-coat, you get the option of outfitting your truck or SUV the way you want to. There's nothing better than an accessory that provides both form and functionality.
Step into convenience with the Sure Grip. Give your feet the solid grip they need to easily get into and out of your vehicle. For added safety, add Westin's optional LED light kit for improved visibility at night. Backed by a 5-year warranty, you can be sure you are getting a quality product. Vehicle-specific mounting kits sold separately.
Westin Running Boards Review
Without an extra step between the ground and your truck or van, entry and exit would surely be difficult. This is the reason why you need running boards on either side of your vehicle. But the good thing is that this component also serves another function aside from just providing an easy step to your truck: it also protects the sides of your vehicle from thrown rocks and road debris when you are on the road driving. With these two given functions, your running boards must not be less than sturdy and durable. They also need to come with quality mounting parts and fasteners, especially when the user of the component has a heavy stature. There are several brands to choose out there, but one that you might try this time is Westin. But before buying its running boards, let us first see if these are really worth your money.
- Made of aluminum
- With powder-coated finish
- Sold in set of two
- Not lighted
- Requires no-drill installation
- With rubber step pads
- Carries a five-year Westin limited warranty
We tested this component on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and a Chrysler Town and Country, and here is what we have to say:
- The product looked really good. The aluminum material was scratch-free and shiny that it even added an eye-catching accent.
- The installation of the component at each side of the Sprinter and the Town and Country ended up very easy. The holes in the brackets matched with the existent holes in the car’s frame. The entire procedure took only about one hour for each vehicle. You would need extra help when working under the vehicle that was not lifted; otherwise, you could surely do it on your own.
- This product comes with a very competitive price and warranty.
- The faded-out pictures in the installation manual really did not help. It was a good thing that we had some elementary knowledge about how such thing must be installed.
- It would have been better if a stud was included in order to line up the lower nuts easier.
- When installing the component on the Sprinter, we needed to pry three fuel lines out of the way in order to have the bolts in place on the passenger side. We also needed to use a sleeve to keep the parking brake cable from rubbing against the brackets on the driver side.
We consider these Westin running boards as a good bet when you need this kind of add-on on your truck or van. The product has a good construction and design. It even comes with a great warranty and a price that belongs to the cheapest ones in the market. Make sure to buy the right unit for your vehicle because fuel lines and under-the-car cables might entangle with the brackets of the component.