Tips to Maintain your Nissan Dash Cover in Good Condition
Your Nissan dash cover does not only keep your vehicle's interior from being exposed to the sun's damaging rays, but it also adds a different style to your usual dashboard. It also helps to reduce glare since the dashboard alone is way too shiny and is angled perfectly to reflect sunlight right into your eyes. Most importantly, it prevents your dashboard from being visible to dirt, dust, scratches, and scrapes. For your dash cover to remain as functional and protective to your dashboard, here are a few useful tips that you can use.
- Clean it properly. This is the basic tool for any car component. As a protective accessory for your vehicle, the dash cover should always be clean and in good shape. Check for any marks or stains that may need some extra cleaning. Use only mild soap and water to keep it from fading. Avoid using chemicals such as spot carpet cleaners. If there are stains from spilled drinks, clean it with warm water. You may use a vacuum or brush to remove crumbs and dust that might get into the corners of the dash.
- Wash it regularly. Take time to wash your dash cover regularly. If your Nissan dash cover is made of polyester fabric or polypropylene-based carpeting, it can be machine-washed with mild detergent. Lay it flat under direct sunlight to dry. This material is good for protecting the dash from UV rays. Same process goes to dash covers that are made from velour, which is laminated with high-density foam. You can wash it at least every three months or when necessary.
- Save it from the sun. Due to its exposure to heat and the varying temperatures inside your vehicle, your Nissan dash cover is prone to fading. Although there are mats that are UV-treated to resist fading even from intense sunlight, there are others that would fade over time. The easiest yet best way to keep it from fading is to simply use a windshield sunshade whenever your car is parked.
- Know when to replace them. Your current dash covers might be your favorite part of your interiors, but you should know when to replace them with new ones. If they are already old and dirty, you need to consider buying a new set. Old dash covers may emit a bad smell or look worn out that is not too pleasing to you and your passengers. You can always find the best dash covers for your car online or in your trusted auto parts store. Make sure that you will buy the covers that are custom-fit to your car.
- Keep it neat. If you love putting a lot of stuff on top of your dashboard, then your dash cover is prone to succumbing to premature wear. Organize your stuff and remove unnecessary items that are covering the dashboard. Just leave at least 2 to 3 items that are important to you or your driving. Nevertheless, de-clutter your vehicle and give it a break.