Picture This. You’re late and heavy traffic, inconsiderate drivers and poor road conditions are conspiring to make you later. That’s stress. Now visualize a clear day without deadlines, just the purr of your engine and an open road ahead. That’s freedom.
Being on the road subjects you to ever-changing circumstances, but if you are a good driver, you will never let the frustration, the boredom or even the exhilaration of a particular driving session distract you from the task of maintaining full control of your vehicle.
Are You Up To the Rental Car Challenge?: Ever jump into a rental car and have a problem finding the controls you need to drive off? You are not alone.
Asleep At The Wheel: Tips that can help you stay awake and alert on those long, boring drives.
National Traffic and Road Closure Information: A state-by-state compendium, compiled by the highway departments of each state, showing current information relating to construction delays, road closures, etc.
Understanding the teen driver: What parents can do.
Run-Flat tires come of age: We take a look at the new Michelin PAX System
Ten Ways to Save on Gas: Here is some help for getting through these troubling times
Mommy, are we there yet?: Do your kids turn into backseat tyrants during long family road trips? Here are some useful ideas to keep kids quietly occupied
Water Hazards: Some tips on driving during heavy rain
- Coalition for a Secure Driver’s License This organization is bringing the states together to develop a standard for secure driver’s licenses in order to prevent terrorists from acquiring an easy form of identification. Find out if your state is allowing terrorists acquire driver’s licenses.
- The I Promise Program – Teen Safe Driving Initiative The I Promise Program is designed to reduce the risk of youth related car crashes, injuries and deaths and is available to all parents and teens for free.
- Ways to Determine When It’s Time to Stop Driving identifying older people whose impaired cognition makes them unsafe drivers
- Speed Limits
- Women Drivers
- Government Agencies Find the Department of motor vehicles in your state
- Would you put your child in an oven? A must read for parents.
- Is your 4 to 8 year old child using an adult seat belt?
- Children and air bags
- Drivers of pickup trucks with plastic bed liners
Other sites of interest
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Website (NHTSA)
- National Motorists Association
- Traffic Watch
- California DUI program